No appointment is required for fitting of Compression Stockings.
Call into our clinic today to be measured for the correct garment for you.
We have a range of styles, colours, and with toes in or out.
Compression stockings and socks can be worn every day or when flying long distances.
Compression stockings and socks are a specialized hosiery designed to help prevent:
- swelling in the legs and feet
- increase circulation in the lower limbs
- relieves heavy and aching legs
- prevents DVT’s (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
Compression stockings are meant to feel tight, unlike normal stockings and socks.
- Compression garments use stonger elastic to create significant pressure on the legs, ankles and feet. They are tightest at the ankles and gradually become less constrictive towards the knees.
- By compressing surface veins, arteries and muscles, they force circulating blood through narrower channels. As a result, the arterial pressure is increased which causes more blood to return to the heart and less to pool at the feet.